In-Depth Body Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing Program
Come to a FREE half day workshop to learn more (CEUs available for $35):
May 18, June 22, July 13, August 3, or September 7
Call 860-236-6009 for more information.
An Integration of Cutting Edge Science with a Humanistic/Shamanic Approach to Understanding and Healing Trauma
Hartford Family Institute offers an exciting, comprehensive training program in In-Depth Body Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing for professionals. This program presents the leading edge of psychotherapy and healing, and provides a means to becoming the best therapist/healer you can be. The training gives each student a strong foundation in the intricacies of working with trauma, with a soulful and humanistic approach. We have provided this training for over 30 years, to professionals throughout North America and Europe.
Professional Training Program Format
We offer two formats of study, each one presenting a different level of emersion into the theory and practice of Body Centered Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing.
For matriculating students: This format presents the complete curriculum in an emersion of our work.
- 27 Wednesday evenings
- Practicing the therapy in a small group format
- Introductory Weekend Workshop
- Two topic based weekend workshops
- Five-day Spring Intensive
For non-matriculating students: A format that is a wonderful way to be introduced to a variety of topics as seen through the lenses of Body Centered Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing and to be involved with a community of therapists and healers.
- Six Weekend Topic Workshops
- Five-day Spring Intensive.
For matriculating students the Program consists of three levels of training. Because they build upon each other in advancing the depth of students’ knowledge and experience, they must be taken in order.
Understanding Trauma, The Transformational Process, Personal Integration, Character Structure, and Working With Victimizing Energies
Level I is usually a two-year program that introduces the student to Body Centered Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing, and helps the student integrate this process. A certificate of completion as a Level I Practitioner will be awarded at the end of the two-year program. Students must meet the following Objectives in order to be eligible for Level II.
- Acquire a basic knowledge of the principles and methodology of Body Centered Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing including understanding the relevance of the layers of the personality, inner child work and mindfulness, spirituality and psychotherapy.
- Be introduced to the basics of body process and Character Structure
- Understand and learn to work with all forms of negativity and resistance.
- Take their next step into personal power and the embodiment of their experiences.
- Uncover and work through their blocks to excellence as therapists.
- Work with each other in discovering and utilizing their innate wisdom and creativity.
- Will discuss relevant clinical issues to deepen the student’s understanding of the therapeutic process
- Engage in a process of increasing consciousness
Understanding Body Process, Working with Subtle Energies, Structures of Destruction, Five Keys to Excellence and Advanced Work with Negativity
Level II is a two-year program that deepens and advances the work of Level I in In-Depth Body Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing. A certificate of completion as a Level II Practitioner will be awarded at the end of the two-year program. Students must meet the following Objectives in order be considered for Level III.
- Understand the Energetic and Emotional Roots of Physical Pain & Illness
- Learn the creation of and how to work with Narcissism, Borderline, Schizophrenia and Depression
- Continue working on their integration of process.
- Develop (or deepen) and work with their own creative style.
- Integrate spirituality, soul work and imagery with psychotherapy.
- Study dreams from a psychotherapeutic and spiritual framework.
- Understand how to deal with counter-transference issues, such as pressure, over-protectiveness, fear, anger and sexual attraction as therapist/healer.
- Learn a unique form of conflict resolution for couples.
- Learn how to heal sexual abuse trauma.
- Learn the origins of addictions and how to heal them.
Advanced Studies in Trauma and Energy Healing and Refining the Personal Integrative Process
Level III deepens and advances the work of Levels I and II, bringing students to the level of Master Therapist or Master Healer. A graduation certificate will be awarded to students who complete Level III of the program. Students must meet the following Objectives in order to graduate.
- Learn advanced principles of the emotional and energetic origins of illness and the pathways to healing.
- Understand how the brain functions and how to clear brain disturbances such as post traumatic stress and thought disorders.
- Learn how to use soul retrieval as a way to bring the spirit back into the body to heal dissociation, depression and anxiety.
- Discover the origins of eating disorders and how to work through the underlying trauma.
- Learn what in-utero bonding has to do with the origin of psychosis as well as the basis of auto-immune disease and how to heal these physical, emotional and spiritual wounds.
- Learn more about how to heal all forms of addictions.
Weekend Workshops and Spring Intensive
Matriculating students are required to choose two Elective Workshops each year plus attend the residential, five-day Spring Intensive. The following is an example of one year’s Elective Workshop offerings. One note about the Spring Intensive is that this workshop deepens the experience and understanding of our work as well as creating a rich experience of community for all students.
- The Emotional and Energetic Roots of Physical Pain and Illness: The Pathways to Healing
- Conflict Resolution for Couples: Integrating In-Depth Body Psychotherapy with a Zen Buddhist Approach
- Working with Children and Adolescents: Bonding and Attachment
- The Path of the Soul: Walking the Labyrinth, Native American Visioning and Learning From Nature
- Reiki Healing and Body Centered Psychotherapy
- Animal Imagery
The therapy has grown and expanded as new discoveries and information become known. We maintain a strong commitment to presenting state-of-the-art (and we believe, “state-of-the-heart”) didactic and experiential experiences for our students. We invite you to call us at 860-236-6009 to speak directly with one of our trainers.
The Science and Soul of Psychotherapy
The science of our psychotherapy is founded in the discoveries by quantum physicists about the subtle energy makeup of everything that exists, including human thought and emotion. At our most fundamental level, the human mind and body consists of pulsating energy, constantly interacting within a vast universal energy field. It is at the sub-atomic, subtle level that trauma impacts us most profoundly, and it is at that level that healing needs to take place. The process of our therapy works within this world of pulsating waves and frequencies and allows healing to take place at the level of physical and emotional DNA.
The soul of our psychotherapy lies in the way our work deals with the life force, our core essence beyond the intellect. The soul is the spark of divine consciousness that lives in each of us. It is the essence of each being that continues beyond lifetimes. The soul of this psychotherapy is the energy in each session that is beyond words, beyond intellectual knowing, where spirit brings messages of what is necessary for both client and therapist to move toward wholeness, toward enlightenment. It is the job of the therapist and client to decode and embody the messages from spirit so that we can understand that every negative experience in our bodies is Spirit’s way of uncovering unfinished trauma in an orderly fashion so that we can heal. The therapeutic process is a shamanic journey toward integration, balance and harmony. Our approach enables the client to connect mind, body and spirit so that healing can be achieved on a multidimensional level.
Professional Training Program Testimonials
“Through the Professional Training Program I have felt profoundly supported and gently encouraged toward my next steps of growth and power as a therapist.” – Kimberly Prats, Movement Therapist
“Hartford Family Institute’s Human Relations Program is nothing less than life changing. I am a more fully alive person for having gone through this program.” – Rabbi Donna Berman, Ph.D.
“Having been in therapy much of my adult life, when I began at Hartford Family Institute I no longer suffered the pain of self-hatred, but I felt I was dying as a therapist. My training in the training program has profoundly enriched my life and completely transformed my work with my clients.” – Joan Copperman, Ph.D
“Having researched and studied many healing modalities for more than three decades, the deep and thorough emotional healing I’ve experienced, and the therapeutic skills I’ve acquired at HFI are simply incomparable.” – Liam Watt
“The level of personal and professional growth gained from HFI, during these past four years, has enabled me to be a more proficient psychotherapist. I understand my process more clearly as well as my client’s process, thus, it is a win-win situation.” – Naomi S. Lufkin, MA, LPC, NCC
“My training experience at HFI has been a gift to myself and to my clients. As a result of the training, I can offer what I have learned, what I see, what I feel and what I am trying to understand to them in a way that supports their growth and aliveness—and my own.” – Cynthia Epstein, LCSW, New York City
“I joined the HFI training program because a friend of mine told me she was part of an incredibly supportive community. I stay in the program because I see that what we are learning works. Not only trainees, but trainers too, can be observed to be growing, becoming more alive, having old wounds healed.” – Melissa Bolstrom, Enrolled in Master’s Counseling Program, Newport, RI
“This training has been both personally healing and professionally empowering. It truly has been a gift of life for me! I have experienced such a depthful understanding and healing of my past, that I have more of myself in the present and have seen myself craft my future with more clarity, heart and power. The therapeutic techniques, the emphasis on personal growth, the development of the therapist, and the maps of healing the body and psyche that are taught in this program make this work powerful and filled with integrity. This work not only heals the body and psyche but touches the soul!
As a director of my own movement therapy training program I have integrated Subtle Energy Psychotherapy into my trainings. It is a core aspect of my curriculum because it is fundamental in integrating the mind and body and healing the trauma that is stored there.”- Lenox, Mass., Director of Leven Institute of Movement Therapy
“Having experienced many different therapies, I feel fortunate to have found In-Depth Body Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing as practiced at HFI. This therapy guided me to emotional transformation and spiritual healing that was rooted in my body. Now I feel more connected to the ground, to my mind and to my soul.” – Jeffery Glotz, Counselor
“All of the practitioners at HFI’s Center for Healing Arts have a comittment to healing that comes from an integration of knowledge, wisdom and heart. As a result, I feel like I have finally come home to myself” – Joyce Cummings
Professional Training Program Trainers
All of our trainers have participated in many years of personal growth and training themselves. They have a thorough grounding in In-Depth Body Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing. Each trainer also brings his or her own creativity and unique talents and skills to the training program.
Trainers and Elective Workshop Leaders
Stuart Alpert, Psy. D., LCSW
Naomi Lubin-Alpert, Psy. D., LMFT
Donna Baker-Gilroy, Psy. D., LPC
David Gilroy, Psy. D., LPC
Dan Leven, RCMT
Dorothy Mason, LPC
Denise Soucie, LPC
Margaret Vasington, LPC
Professional Training Program Contract and Application are available for download below.
* Please note: Acceptance into the program requires a personal interview or attendance at one of our Intro Workshops. Please call for details 860-236-6009 or email us